“Hello and welcome to Jonathan Fagan Business Brokers. My name is Jonathan Fagan and I am a non-practising solicitor, legal recruitment consultant and specialist law & accountancy firm sales adviser. I founded the Ten Percent Group of websites in April 2000 and have been involved in buying and selling law & accountancy firms ever since. JonathanFagan.co.uk is our specialist broker site.
S, Purchaser of Solicitors’ Firm in London, December 2023
I found your Company offers an invaluable service and you have been very supportive throughout. I am surprised that more law firms do not use your service because I know of a few law firms who have just tagged onto a local firm (probably for no money) or simply closed due to high professional indemnity insurance.KL, Seller of Solicitors’ Firm, June 2021.
Why Choose Us?
- We do not charge sellers sale fees
- We charge buyers a fixed fee, only payable if a deal occurs
- Our service is completely confidential
- We are not sales people and we give impartial advice
Morning Jonathan, I [email to] let you know that we completed on Friday. Thank you for all your help and assistance. The service provided by you has been extremely good and you have been very helpful indeed. Had it not been for you it would have been very difficult to get any interest as I had no idea where to start. You have been very efficient and provide an excellent service. I am sure that C has appraised you with his ideas for the Firm and I am so happy that the business name is being retained. Thank you for all your help and assistance.BM, Seller of Solicitors’ Firm, December 2021.
Who Are We?
JonathanFagan.co.uk is part of the Ten-Percent group of Legal & Financial Recruitment websites based in the UK and assisting with national and international legal jobs for lawyers and legal staff. Throughout our trading history we have been involved in sales and mergers of law & accountancy firms. Jonathan Fagan is our in house adviser for sales and mergers and this is our specialist broker website.
Just to confirm the sale of [ ] was completed yesterday. It was a straightforward transaction [ ]. May I thank you for all your courteous dealings with me. Best wishes to you for the future.T, Seller of Law Firm in South England, July 2022.
For law firm recruitment please visit the main Ten Percent Legal Recruitment website for permanent roles and Interim Lawyers for locum roles. For accountancy firm recruitment please visit the Ten Percent Financial Recruitment website.
Jonathan Fagan Business Brokers Limited is a privately owned UK company. The owners are Jonathan Fagan (non-practising solicitor) and Dr Clare Fagan (non-practising GP), both specialist recruiters with over 35 years legal and financial recruitment experience between them. The Ten Percent Group of websites donate 10% of annual profits to the Ten Percent Foundation, hence the name.
I would like to thank you for the considerable efforts that you have made on our behalf and for your very professional and efficient service to date.GS, Seller of Law Firm in South England, January 2022.
No Sellers’ Success Fees
We offer a unique approach to buying, selling and merging law & accountancy firms. We offer three levels of service to sellers; standard (free), Gold (premium) and Platinum (premium). We also offer standalone valuation reports as required. We charge no fees to sellers for making introductions for the sale, purchase or merger of a law or accountancy firm. The buying party contracts with us to pay a fixed success fee if a deal occurs. We are business brokers (as well as recruitment consultants) and have been working with law & accountancy firms on sales, acquisitions and mergers for a number of years.
We completed yesterday.. all things considered, I’m feeling much better. Thank you so much for all your help.PN, Seller of CLC Law Firm, June 2022
There are very few professional services available to assist solicitors & accountants in buying, selling and merging law & accountancy firms – we are the largest specialist broker in the UK.
- Sale of West London SRA regulated partnership
- Sale of sole practitioner firm in Essex
- Sale of SRA limited company in Berkshire
- Sale of high street solicitors’ firm with LAA crime contract in West Midlands
- Sale of CLC regulated conveyancing firm in West Yorkshire
- Sale of SRA regulated law firm shell in London
- Acquisition of £1.2 million London solicitors’ firm by national law group
- Merger of two long established mid-Wales/Heart of England SRA partnership firms
- Sale of a family & mental health legal aid firm in the West Midlands
- Sale of a sole practitioner firm in South Wales
- Sale of shell SRA limited company law firm in Home Counties
- Sale of a small specialist family law firm in South England
- Sale of an SRA partnership solicitors’ firm in South Wales
- Merger of medium size multi-office firm with larger sized firm in England
- Acquisition of sole practitioner firm in South Wales
- Sale of high street law firm in Surrey
- Sale of CLC law firm in South Wales
- Sale of sole practitioner’s firm in West Yorkshire
- Acquisition of a sole practitioner solicitor’s firm in London
- Disposal of will bank in Bristol
- Sale of a West Yorkshire solicitors’ firm
- Transfer of accountancy clients in Home Counties
- Sale of an accountancy practice in London
- Sale of a small South Wales solicitors’ firm
- Sale of a specialist South England wills & probate solicitors’ firm
- Sale of a North West England licensed conveyancing firm
- Sale of a £2 million turnover Home Counties solicitors’ firm
- Sale of accountancy firm clients in London
- Sale of a small law firm in Buckinghamshire
- Sale of a sole practitioner’s firm in Berkshire
- Sale of an ABS law firm in London
- Sale of a specialist law firm in Shropshire
- Sale of a High Street firm in South Wales
- Sale of a small High Street Solicitors’ firm in Leicester
- Sale of a Sole Practitioner High Street Solicitors’ firm in North Lincolnshire
- Sale of a small High Street Solicitors’ firm in Stoke on Trent
- Sale and Transfer of Staff – Personal Injury Practice in Manchester
About Jonathan Fagan
D and I want to thank you immensely for all of your help support and advice.Merger of long-established mid Wales law firm, March 2023.
Jonathan Fagan LLM FIRP Cert RP is a qualified solicitor and Managing Director of TP Recruitment Limited. He studied law at Leicester University and Frankfurt University before training with a specialist practice. On qualification he worked for a Chambers-listed solicitors’ firm before going in house, subsequently founding Ten-Percent Legal Recruitment, Ten Percent Financial Recruitment and the Ten-Percent Foundation, a charitable trust linked to the recruitment agency. Jonathan is also the founder and a director of TP Transcription Limited, a specialist academic and business transcription & translation service – preferred suppliers to a range of UK universities.
Jonathan is involved in all business sales and purchases. We have a database of over 600 registered law firm and accountancy practice buyers and we send out regular updates to over 8,000 law firms via our recruitment network. Our companies have worked with over 2,500 law firms and accountancy firms since April 2000.
Jonathan is editor of the Legal Recruitment News, and Accountancy Recruitment News, both monthly newsletter updates for Employers and Candidates in law and accountancy. He is the author of The Guide to Writing a Legal CV, Interview Answers for Lawyers and the Interview Guide for Lawyers (available at our bookshop) and has lectured in the past at Huddersfield University on CV Preparation, Interview Practice and Legal Careers for LPC students. You can read his award-winning Legal Recruitment blog here, which contains advice on interview questions, recruitment tips for firms and candidates, as well as commentary on the legal job market. You can also read his regularly updated Ten Percent Article Bank here.